[2/21/2017] Monday stitching…. about half way through the February section.
Weekend stitching [2/20/2017] made a lot of progress on the February medallion:
There are three floss colors for the borders and fill areas between the circles. I pulled some grays for those. Then there are 12 circles, charted in colors of the rainbow. I’m not sure what colors I’ll be using in all of the circles yet, but for the first one I went with DMC 350 (which is what it was charted as on the original design). For the main part of the border I’m using DMC 413.
In all of my fabric stash the only piece I had that was the right size was this piece of 22 count cream aida fabric. I think that gives me an excuse to go stash shopping. I rarely stitch on aida, but since the project is all whole stitches and the count is small, I decided this was actually a good opportunity to use this piece.