Finished Stitching Blackwork Deer Head

All finished stitching the blackwork version of the deer head silhouettes and really pleased with how it turned out. I’ll be turning it into a throw pillow on my next sewing and finishing day.

blackwork-deer-silhouette

[Pattern is available for purchase at Craftsy and Etsy]

The fabric is a Silkweaver Solo, 32 count Opalescent Lugana. I stitched the outline in 2 strands of DMC 986 the fill work was all stitched with 1 strand of the same.
[Read more…]

Almost Done with My Blackwork Deer

I’ve got the outline finished, the antlers are all filled in, just little bit more to stitch.

Blackwork Deer WIP

I stitched the outline in 2 strands of DMC and I’m doing the fill work all in 1 strand.

[Pattern is available for purchase at Craftsy and Etsy]

Almost the Whole Outline on Blackwork Deer

Blackwork Deer WIPI’ve been working on stitching up the blackwork version of the Deer Head Silhouettes Pattern. I also started the solidly stitched version, so I can switch back and forth depending on how much brain power I have each day -LOL-

I managed to get most of the outline done, I just need to finish the right half of the antlers and then do all the fill work.

I’m stitching the outline using two strands and the fill using one strand of DMC 986. The fabric is a Silkweaver Solo, 32 count Opalescent Lugana. I love blackwork stitched on sparkly fabric :)

Thanks for having a look and hanging out in my stitching corner of the world.

Finished Stitching Joker and Harley

This is a WeeLittleStitches pattern from the Pixel People in Love collection. I’ve actually had this pattern for awhile, but I was missing a color so I hadn’t stitched it yet. Found the color I needed, so I pulled the pattern out and got started stitching it up. I was able to finish it this weekend while watching TV with my husband.

Joker & Harley in Love - finished stitching

The fabric is an old Silkweaver Solo and the floss is all DMC. I did swap a few colors – the yellows and the green are off a shade or two from what was charted, but I was pretty close so it seemed to work out okay. I used three strands of floss instead of the usual two, I wanted slightly more solid coverage since I want to work this into a pillow.

I think I have some fun black and white quilting fabrics stashed away, so I’ll dig through my supplies and see what I can find to put this together next time I have a sewing day .

Stitching Progress This Week!

It feels like forever since I had real stitching progress to share here on the blog. I mentioned in the newsletter last week that I was recovering from feeling pretty darn crappy and as part of that I prescribed myself some stitching time daily. I have to say, stitching is good medicine.

I put a few hours in stitching My Token of Love by Rosewood Manor, a project that has been neglected for awhile. This was my morning project, I’d stitch for 30 minutes or so after everyone left for school each morning. A cup of hot coffee and whatever random cooking show was on TV…
IMG_1524
(you can see previous progress on My Token of Love here)

Then my weekend project was starting Joker & Harley by weelittlestitches
IMG_1523
I’m hoping that I can finish this one up this week ~ yay for quick projects!

Loretta’s Annual Report of Stitching for 2013

I think I did more stash shopping than I did stitching this year… oops.

I had very little in the finished category this year…

I finished my January Snowflake
January Snowflake - Stitching the Night Away Ornament Club 2013

and I finished my Paisley Pumpkin

I made some progress on My Token of Love and on Pirate Treasure, [Read more…]

Finished Stitching Paisley Pumpkin!

This was the Paisley Pumpkin beaded cross stitch kit from Mill Hill: I did all the beading this weekend, so it’s a finish! YAY!

Finished Paisley Pumpkin

I had all the stitching done when I put away last Fall, but I didn’t have the space at home to sit down and work on the beading at the time. Since we moved I have plenty more space and I thought it would be a nice finish to get me back into the swing of stitching after a lengthy break.
[Read more…]

Designing my own patterns the 500th post!

Thistle

I thought about designing my own patterns for years. I would go to the nearest shop and find things I liked, but very rarely that I LOVED. I joined the Stitching the Night Away ornament club in January, and I confess I fell in love with the idea of coming up with something new every month. I had these three patterns inside me for a very long time, and many others to come, but I just had to get these on paper. So to speak. Right now all three of them are just in pdf! Throughout my years of studying needlework, stitching and its origins, I came across an old belief “one should never stitch or create a pattern of an object born with a soul”. There were many samplers that only had letters, floral, homes, rivers, nature than sort of thing and I realized why there was this void about people and animals.  In keeping in that tradition, most of my first creations have been floral. Many thanks go out to Loretta for providing valuable feedback on the most user friendly tools to utilize while designing.

I have committed to stitching all three myself to find the ins and outs of my patterns. There are more brewing inside me yet  :)

I have designed a set of three you can find on the StitchbyRachel Flickr page, my blog http://internationalstitcher.blogspot.ca/, Pinterest, craftgawker, craftsy, Instagram, tumblr, etsy, twitter, olioboard, and on Stitch by Rachel Facebook.

I may be an affiliate for some of the products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission.